Did you know that?
- One out of three children born in the United States in the year 2000 will develop diabetes at some point in their life.
- One third of children and adolescents in the U.S. are overweight or obese.
- More than 2.5 million children have been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and an additional 15% of children have borderline hyperactivity or behavioral issues.
- The National School Lunch Program serves approximately 30.5 million lunches per day at a cost of $8.7 billion a year.
- Most of our food travels 1,500 miles before we eat it.